Friday, May 8, 2020

Safe Harbour

There I was
Out in the bay
There I was
With nothing to say
Out there
On the water
Out there
A son or daughter
Bobbing there
On the surface
Waiting for
Someone to notice
Then, there
Toward land
I saw a place
I could stand
God’s wind
Then ushered me there
Breath withheld
There I stare
Coming closer
Hope rises within
Sense the harbour
God in skin
Approach it now
Feeling stronger
Feeling real
Alone no longer
Pulling up
Aside to friends
This is where
Fear ends
Safe harbour is where we go to receive a berth away from the storm-tossed seas of life.  It’s where we return when had enough.  It’s there we go when a trustworthy comfort is sought.  And on rare enough occasions, it’s a group of people.
We go to a safe harbour when we need it, yet, as a friend suggested recently, it’s our opportunity to BE safe harbour.  Where someone could hitch the mooring lines to our bollard, and that in being adjacent to one another protection would be afforded with no risk of harm.
Photo by Belinda Fewings on Unsplash

No comments: