Tuesday, June 21, 2022

God’s prayer to you and I


Precious human being, made in my image,

You are my cherished one.  It is so whether you believe it or not.  I conceived you from long ago, well before your parents and grandparents got to work.  No matter what you’ve been through in life, I always wanted the best for you.  I still do and always will.

Everything you’ve been through I have seen and, believe it or not, have experienced with you.  Yes, I know the most intimate details, and I neither turned away nor did I judge you.  I know what they did!  Being in, and through, and all around you, in the painful situations I have felt your pain.  The joys I have also felt.  But the traumas you have had to bear have caused me to lament at depths you cannot possibly comprehend.

Much of what you think about me, about what I think and feel about you, isn’t correct.  The stereotypical judging, wrathful, condemning God is an absolute misrepresentation of me.  First and foremost, I set out a plan and executed it two millennia ago to deal with everything you struggle about now in terms of me and you.  I understand why you still struggle to accept my grace, for you are human, and dealing with guilt and fear and shame are not easy.  I would heal you in a heartbeat, but until I take you into my eternal presence that process cannot complete itself.

Now, about your choices.  I love you so much that I give you your will.  I desperately want you to decide every matter of your life.  And I complete my love for you in that I forgive every choice you make.  You may judge you, but I no longer do, and from an eternal concept never did.

Now, about your goals and desires.  I know what you desperately want but have not received or achieved as yet.  It annoys you that life is a mystery, but the biggest part of life is being thankful for what you have, for what you’ve done, for who you are.  You have your life, for better for worse, you have done what you could’ve done, and who you are is a delight to me.  I don’t need you to achieve what you feel compelled to achieve.  I love you anyway.  I honour your desires.  But not everything you desire is good for you.  You will understand when we meet face-to-face.

I desperately want you to see yourself as I see you.  I want you to pray the prayer, “Lord, reveal me to me how you see me.”  I want you to experience that delight I feel when I think of you.  I want you to experience my wisdom, my love, my compassion, my truth.  I want your understanding elevated as far as it is humanly possible.  This is because it is good for you.  I do want the best for you, always.

This is just a little letter from me to you.

I am the eternal God, the one and only Divine Creator.

~

Have you imagined what God thinks about you and what God feels about you?

Have you contemplated for one moment how are you are seen by the God who created you, who designed you, who formed you?

I think we have grown so used to God being judging and vengeful and wrathful that we have failed to see the true nature and character of God in the way that he sees us, his precious creations.

One of our most important prayers is to hear the prayer that God prays to us.

We need to receive this prayer, imbibe it, and be encouraged in a way that only God can encourage us, an encouragement we all struggle to receive yet that which we all strive to hear.  The reason we struggle to accept others is because we struggle to accept ourselves.  God wants to heal of us of the lack of peace we experience because of this.

Our souls cry out to the living God, to understand how he understands us, to comprehend how he comprehends us, to value and cherish us for how he values and cherishes us.

If only we would pray the prayer, “reveal me to me how you see me, Lord.”

How he sees us is infinitely better and more treasured than we can even conceive.

God’s prayer to us is a love letter.  Do you know how much you need it by how much you struggle with guilt and shame and fear and all kinds of other things that sets you apart from joy and hope and peace?

These things, guilt and shame and fear, were dealt with at the cross.  The fact that you have these things is evidence enough that you need and seek healing.  Knowing God more intimately takes us further along that journey.

No comments: