Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Isaiah 46 – When God Carries Us


This is what the Lord says to his people:
“... even to your old age I am he,
even when you turn gray I will carry you.
I have made, and I will bear;
I will carry and will save.”
~Isaiah 46:4 (NRSV)
Upon every reliance on idols, those things we’d be bonded to besides God, our hopes fall short. Only God can save.
We stake our fetishes on the idols of money, possessions, our sports, and even our plans. It’s common for our humanity to be dissuaded from things eternal so we can have things that are temporary.
Through all of this, and our disasters, God carries us. Despite our unfaithfulness, God is ever faithful.
The Lord is our Eagle,
His salvation never tarries,
And with faithfulness so regal,
Our entire load he carries.
© 2012 S. J. Wickham.

1 comment:

onstreams said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.